- Terms and Conditions
Shipping & Delivery
All orders are delivered by Caseys dedicated delivery teams. If goods are in stock delivery is typically made within one to two weeks from receipt of an order. This can often be quicker and is dependant on delivery volumes. A member of our sales staff will be in touch within 24 hours of receipt of your order to provide you with an estimated delivery date where possible.
If you require all your furniture to be delivered to you in one drop rather than accepting partial delivery of items that come in early, then please notify a sales person or customer service representative of this and we will be happy to oblige.
There is a €30 standard delivery charge on all Clearance models.
If due to circumstances outside your control you are unable to accept delivery when your goods arrive in to us we are happy to store your goods Free of Charge in our warehouse for a maximum period of 4 weeks, providing the goods have been paid for in full within 7 days of notification of availability. If after this period you are still unable to accept delivery then a further 4 week storage facility will be available, however, a storage fee of €50 per week will apply. We are unable to extend storage facilities beyond this period.
Should you wish to change the delivery address of your order prior to delivery please contact our Despatch Department on 021 4910590 or email [email protected] with your amended details. There is no charge for this service. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made, delivery times quoted on your order are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. Our Despatch Department will contact you when your goods arrive into our warehouse and they will arrange a delivery appointment with you.
Our policy is to give you an AM or PM time slot, however, as you can appreciate due to circumstances outside our control such as traffic congestion and bad weather we may not always be able to meet this time slot. If your delivery is to be delayed for any reason a member of our Despatch Team will phone you to explain the problem and they will confirm a new time slot with you. Please ensure that at the time of delivery you have provided sufficient contact telephone numbers for us to be able to reach you at all times during that particular day.
Further information can be found on delivery here
Privacy & Security
Caseys Furniture will never share your details with any third party ever without your express permission. Caseys may from time to time contact you with promotional material if you opted to receive this, you can opt out of this at any time.
Returns & Replacements
Can I cancel or amend an order before delivery?
If you have placed an order for goods that are in stock or due in stock soon, you may withdraw from or make alterations to the order prior to it being delivered.
Made to order goods and goods specially ordered for you must be cancelled within 3 days of placing an order as after this 3 day period these items may have commenced production with the manufacturer or have been ordered. These items are clearly marked special order on the product page.
Special order goods cannot be returned.
Alterations to carpet or curtain orders cannot be accepted as these items are cut and measured to size upon receipt of the order.
How do I return a delivered order that has been delivered?
If you are not 100% happy with your online purchase(s) upon receipt, please contact Caseys within 14 days to arrange. All returned goods should be in an unused condition and in their original packaging. Please note a restocking charge of 25% of the value of the returned item(s) will be applied to cover any costs incurred by Caseys including collection, inspection and repackaging of goods. Special order goods cannot be returned. Please note that mattresses, divans, pillows, and duvets cannot be returned for hygiene reasons.
How do I return a rug or another small item?
After purchasing online Rugs and small items can be returned within 14 days of receipt. These items should be returned in their original packaging where possible. They should be returned directly to our Cork store: Caseys Furniture, 65 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork. Please ensure that the return package is clearly marked with your name and web order no. to ensure that your return and refund can be processed swiftly. Some of our rugs are special orders; this is clearly indicated on our website. These rugs cannot be returned.
For any queries about the Caseys returns policy please contact us at [email protected]
What do I do if I received a faulty item or there are any other issues with my order?
If you think an item you received may be faulty, please email us immediately at [email protected] with details of the fault. Our dedicated customer service team will contact you promptly to discuss a resolution to your issue. For any other issues with an order please contact [email protected]. Alternative dispute resolution is available at EU Online Dispute Resolution, an online platform created by the European Commission that facilitates consumers and traders within the EU in resolving disputes.
When ordering you have the choice of ordering from our Cork or Limerick shop, you may also do it over the phone or online.
When your goods arrive into our warehouse a member of our Despatch Team will contact you directly to finalise your payment and to confirm your delivery date. All orders must be paid for in full prior to delivery. Payment can be made as follows:
Online orders can be paid for using a VISA or Mastercard credit or debit card or using the Paypal online payments service. To find out more about Paypal click here.
At the cash desk in either Cork or Limerick Store.
By post to Caseys Furniture, Accounts Office, 65 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork or at the cash desk in either store. Please allow five working days for cheque to clear.
At the cash desk in either store.
AIB, 66 South Mall, Cork.
Account Name: John Casey Limited.
Account Number: 77323182
Sort Code: 93-41-78
IBAN: IE18 AIBK 9341 7877 3231 82
Please make sure to quote your confirmation of order number as the narrative with your bank payment. All orders must be paid for in full prior to delivery.
TERMS & CONDITIONS1. DEFINIITIONSIn these (“Conditions”) John Casey Limited is referred to as “the Company” and the person, firm or company dealing with the Company as buyer or otherwise named in any quotation or order shall be “the Customer”. “Contract” shall mean any contract whether oral or in writing made between the Company and the Customer. “Goods” shall mean the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts of them) which the Company is to supply to the Customer in accordance with the terms of a Contract.
2. BASIS OF SALEIn the absence of any special arrangement (which shall not bind the Company unless made in writing and signed on behalf of the Company by a person duly authorized for that purpose) these Conditions shall apply to all quotations and confirmation of orders given by the Company and all Contracts and shall override any other terms or conditions proposed or stipulated by the Customer.
The Company’s employees or agents are not authorized to make any representations concerning the Goods unless confirmed by the Company or its duly authorized representative in writing. In entering into a Contract the Customer acknowledges that it does not rely on and waives any claim for breach of any such representations which are not so confirmed. The customer is advised to read our Caseys Information Pack for further important information on their furniture and on our key sales information. A deposit of 25% is required prior to an order being processed. Payment of the balance due will be required PRIOR to delivery.
3. ORDERS AND SPECIFICATIONSThe Company reserves the right to make any changes in the specification of the Goods which may be required to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements PROVIDED THAT such changes shall not materially affect the quality or performance of the Goods.
4. GOODS SOLD DURING SALESWhere any of the Goods are sold by the Company to the Customer at sale or promotional prices they shall not be subject to further price discounts.
5. PAYMENTAll prices quoted by the Company are inclusive of Value Added Tax, and the cost of delivery of the Goods within our listed delivery area.
Payment for the Goods shall be made in full prior to delivery. If the price of the Goods or any part thereof remains unpaid after the date when the same shall become due the amount unpaid shall bear interest at the rate of 1.5% for each month or part of a month during which the same shall remain unpaid. Such interest shall be payable by the customer forthwith upon receipt of the Company’s invoice therefore. If the price of the Goods or any part thereof shall remain unpaid the Company reserves the right to suspend deliveries until all monies due from the Customer to the Company are paid and to appropriate any payment made by the customer to such of the Goods (or the goods supplied under any other contract between the Customer and the Company) as the Company may think fit (notwithstanding any purported appropriation by the Customer). The time of payment of the price of the Goods shall be of the essence of the Contract.
6. DELIVERYDelivery will be arranged within our normal delivery areas on designated days. Requests for specially timed deliveries may be possible but will be subject to an extra charge. Any delivery of Goods pursuant to a Contract shall be deemed to constitute a separate Contract to which the terms and conditions hereof shall be mutatis mutandis applied PROVIDED THAT this condition shall be subject to and shall in no way detract from the rights of the Company to suspend or terminate the whole Contract of which the delivery forms a part in circumstances mentioned in Condition 13 and failure by the Company to deliver any one or more instalments comprised in an order in accordance with these Conditions or any claim by the Customer in respect of any one or more such instalments shall not entitle the Customer to treat the Contract as a whole as repudiated. Delivery of the Goods will only be made by the Company between Monday and Friday (other than Bank Holidays) and any time or date for the dispatch or delivery of the Goods or for the commencement or completion of work whether specified in the Contract or otherwise given by the Company shall be taken as an estimate made by the Company in good faith which the Company shall use its best endeavours to fulfil but which shall not be binding on the Company either as a term of the Contract or otherwise.
In no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the Customer in consequence of any failure by the Company to adhere to such times or dates or in consequence of any other delay in each dispatch delivery commencement or completion however caused. If the Customer shall for any reason fail to take delivery of Goods within 14 days of receipt by the customer of notice from the Company that the same are ready for delivery then notwithstanding the standard terms of payment the whole of the price of the Goods shall become immediately due and payable by the customer. Delivery of the Goods shall be deemed to take place: Where the Company undertakes the delivery of the Goods when the Goods are unloaded from the Company’s vehicle and (where reasonably practicable) placed in the property specified by the Customer or unloaded from a carrier at the station or location specified by the Customer. Where the Customer undertakes the delivery of Goods when the Goods are loaded into the Customer’s vehicle or his designated carrier at the premises of the Company or other pre-arranged location.
7. OWNERSHIP AND RISKRisk Any Goods sent abroad by the company at the customer’s request shall be at the sole risk of the Customer. In the case of Goods delivered within the Republic of Ireland the risk of such Goods shall pass to the Customer from the time they are with the carrier in accordance with the preceding condition.
Ownership Notwithstanding that the Customer or its agents obtain possession of the Goods all or any such Goods will remain the property of the Company until the company has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full for such Goods and any other goods supplied to the customer by the Company under the Contract to which the Goods relate and the Company shall be entitled to all rights of access to the Customer’ premises to enforce its rights hereunder. If the customer does not pay for the Goods on the due date or dates for payment the Company may (without prejudice to any of its other rights) sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of the said Goods in such manner as it may deem fit.
8. LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSITWhere the Company has agreed to deliver the Goods it shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to Goods in transit unless written notice of such loss or damage is given by the Customer to the Company within three working days of the date of delivery. The Customer is advised to open and examine all Goods upon receipt. Any liability which the Company may incur for non-delivery loss of or damage to Goods shall in any event be limited to the invoice value of the Goods not delivered lost or damaged and in no circumstances whatsoever shall the Company be liable for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused.
9. FORCE MAJEUREThe Company shall be relieved of all or any of its obligations under the Contract to the extent that performance of such obligations is prevented frustrated impeded or delayed in consequence of any statute regulation or order of any government or other authority or any strike lock-out or trade dispute (whether involving the Company’s employees or those of other parties) or any other cause whether or not of a like or similar nature beyond the Company’s control.
10. DEFECTIVE GOODSSubject to the provisions of Condition 8(1) the company will at its option repair replace or refund the Customer with the full purchase price of Goods sold and delivered which upon delivery are defective by reason of faulty materials or otherwise PROVIDED THAT written notice of any such defect shall be given by the Customer to the Company within one month of delivery of the Goods.
The Company shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the Goods where such defect arises from or is otherwise attributable to any drawing design or specification supplied by the Customer.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYSubject to Condition 11(b) below where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer the Company’s liability (if any) whether in contract, tort or otherwise in respect of any defect in the Goods or for any breach of the Contract or of any duty owed to the Customer in connection therewith shall be limited in aggregate to the price of the Goods. Where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a Consumer nothing in these Conditions shall effect the statutory rights of the Customer. In this condition the word “Goods” shall include goods supplied pursuant to the provisions of Condition 10.
12. LIENThe Company shall have a general lien over all Goods and property of the Customer in the possession of the Company in respect of all unpaid debts due from the Customer to the Company.
13. TERMINATIONIf the Customer shall: - make default in or commit any material breach of the terms and conditions of any Contract with the Company; or commit any act of bankruptcy or an order shall be made or an effective resolution shall be passed for the winding up of the Customer (other than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or a meeting shall be convened for the purpose of considering a resolution that the Customer shall be so wound up; or convene a meeting for the purposes of making or proposes or enters into any arrangement or composition for the benefit of its creditors; THEN AND IN THAT EVENT the Company shall have the right without notice to the Customer and without prejudice to any other claim or right which the Company may make or exercise to determine all or any of its Contracts then outstanding with the Customer.
14. GENERALNo waiver by the Company of any breach of Contract by the Customer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision of that Contract.
These Conditions and all Contracts between the Company and the Customer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish Law and the Company and the Customer submit to the jurisdiction of the
Courts of Republic of Ireland. If any provision of these Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these
Conditions and the remainder of the provision and of these conditions shall remain unaffected thereby.
(i) All communications here under shall be sent to the Company at 65 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork quoting the Order Number and to the Customer at the address to which the Contract is sent or to such other addresses as the Customer may stipulate in writing to the Company.
(ii) Communications sent by cable facsimile transmission or telex or delivered in person shall be deemed to have arrived when sent or as the case may be delivered. Communications sent by first class inland post or by Airmail post from overseas shall be deemed to have arrived 48 hours and seven days after posting respectively.
15. PRICINGWhilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
16. MEASUREMENTS & DIMENSIONSAll measurements are approximate and there may be slight variations between manufacturers.
Your browser is not supported. Please upgrade your browser to the latest version